Pablo & Co Soda from New Orleans

Sebastian Pablo started his soda & mineral water business in 1849 at No. 70 Elysian Fields until 1855. In 1856 Pablo & Co. was formed at 334-336 Royal St. The street was renumbered in about 1860 to 270-272 Royal St. This accounts for the pontiled and non-pontiled variants at that address. During the Civil War several of the local bottlers such as P.Pons, H. Stewart and T.S. Waterman joined forces with Pablo and then after the war went their seperate ways. In 1877, Pablo combined with several of the other selzer water manufacturers to form the Crescent City Selzer & Mineral Water Manufactory (See the CCS&M Co bottles on the website) at the same 270-272 Royal Street address.(Information by Richard Clavin & Joel Ferguson)

This is the Pablo that was from the early 1860's Civil War period when the streets were renumbered. Embossed: PABLO & CO./270 & 272 ROYAL STREET/N.O., and MINERAL WATER in an arch/FACTORY on the rear. It is 7 1/2" tall. The glass is clean but a little dull and has numerous peck marks due to wear. There is a 1/2" narrow lip bruise along the top of the lip with 2 small 1/8" and 1/16" shallow chips on the lip edge

Price: 20.00 plus postage

If you are interested in purchasing this or for more information please contact Us

TERMS: There is a 10 day return privilege. We accept checks, money order, or payments through PayPal. The bottle is sent when the payment is cleared.

Return to Sodas

Return to Home Page